Today, we are going to talk about icebreaker games. They serve as a cool way to engage with your audience, especially the new ones.
What are Icebreaker Games?
Icebreaker games are activities that help the community members in getting to know each other. We establish deeper relationships and stimulate interactions. A quality ice breaker for your community event as a casual community discussion thread will help your members loosen up and gain confidence in sharing their views with the community.
Where Does The Ice Stem From In Your Community?
- Members from different backgrounds, their perception of each other.
- Like-minded members, having not met each other previously.
- Members in different levels of their journeys, the difference in seniority.
If you’re looking for a platform to build your online community, where you can host virtual events and share skills and knowledge, then give LikeMinds a try now.
6 Reasons Why Your Community Should Host Icebreaker Games
- Your members connect beyond display pictures and names and an ice breaker sets a context and adds a personal note to the session.
- Crush that ice between new and old community members by creating a relaxed environment and letting new on-boarded members loosen up by virtual ice breakers and remove the barriers to communication.
- Member fears of being judged are chased away by an atmosphere where everyone shares ideas and participates more fully in the ice breaker online.
- Members are more comfortable sharing views in the community that builds a rapport among new and old members and fosters a productive and engaging ice breaking session.
- Increased engagement on the community platform results from the collaborative and creative environment driven by group icebreaker activities that are fun, social, and inclusive.
- The feel of #ONECOMMUNITY is a direct outcome of an engaging ice breaking session as members connect at a personal level. The community’s identity is strengthened with a feeling of oneness.
5 Things To Keep In Mind While Hosting Icebreaker Games For Events
- Your ice breaker should have an objective. Do you want your members to simply get introduced / brainstorm and explore a topic together?
- Ice breaker games could be standalone events, an addition to existing events / a discussion thread in your community.
- You can also use an ice breaker to collect and understand the demography of your members: This includes members’ background, levels of knowledge, their likes, and more.
- If more members join in for your event, you can either host trivia quizzes or divide the initial ice breaker and host into two parts.
- Ideally a good event starts with a 10-15 minute ice breaker.
Tools To Host Your Community Ice breakers
Sample Icebreakers To Try Out For Your Communities
- Use zoom whiteboard and ask members to draw one object that describes how they are feeling post / before your event starts.
- Everyone loves a good game of Pictionary.
- Add your favourite snack as your middle name and introduce yourself.
- The “Would you rather” game using mentimeter / gatheround.
Ice breaker games are truly a great means of helping communities, companies, and teams experience a sense of togetherness and oneness online, no matter wherever they are. So if you have not tried them yet, include them in your onboarding and presentation sessions and see your engagement go through the roof.
Wait, we’re not through yet! If you want to build and grow an online community wherein you can host virtual community events like an ice breaker, then check out the LikeMinds website now.